NHMA established the Council of Young Physicians (CYP) to have a forum for NHMA Members who are young physicians to meet and network, and to learn about opportunities to help advance their careers as future leaders in medicine.
Young Physicians are defined as the following: (1) 1-5 years post-residency; or (2) Physicians who are not currently enrolled in residency and are 1-10 years from post-medical school graduation.
J.P. Sanchez, MD, MPH (Chair, NHMA Council of Young Physicians) and NHMA invites you to help us in developing this new group, and become a part of a unique group of colleagues.
To help young physicians grow personally and professionally (in terms of health policy, academia, and business) so that they may help to ensure health equity for Hispanics and other underserved populations.
1) Development of the CYP 3 Year Strategic Plan
2) Development of CYP Executive Committee and Leader at Large Committee
3) Development of CYP Outreach Materials
4) Development of NHMA Pipeline Branding Campaign
5) Development of a CYP Policy and Affordable Care Act Leadership Program
- Participation in Monthly Conference Calls
- Participation at one Regional Event over the next 12 months
- Participation at the 2014 NHMA National Conference
- Serve as a Young Physician Leader either on the CYP Executive Board or as a Leader at Large
To join the Council of Young Physicians please click here.