As an NHMA Member, you become part of a community of Hispanic physicians and other healthcare professionals dedicated to improving health care for Hispanics, eliminating healthcare disparities, and advancing your careers as leaders for our community – whether in private practice, academia, administration or in public service.
According to our current members, the 4 major values of an NHMA membership are Advocacy, Education, Leadership Development and Networking. Please read below to see about the other major benefits we off:
Opportunities to be nominated for commissions and advisory boards in the Federal government, private sector, and other national health professional associations.
- Just a few of the committees our members have been appointed to:
- American Medical Association Minority Affairs Section (AMA-MAS)
- National Priorities Partnership, organized by the National Quality Forum
- Nutrition Keys Labeling Education Advisory Panel
- American Diabetes Association Board of Directors
- National Healthcare Workforce Commission of the Federal Government
- California Regenerative Medicine Commission
- NHMA actively nominates our members to public service. Throughout their tenure, Presidential administrations typically fill more than 8,000 public service leadership and high-level support positions, including governing spots on advisory boards, commissions, and other bodies within the federal government. More information about the range of positions filled by Presidential appointment can be found by consulting the Plum Book at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/GPO-PLUMBOOK-2012/content-detail.html
Opportunities to mentor medical students and residents.
- By joining our new Mentorship Program, physicians and residents can have the opportunity to mentor residents/medical students to help create a smoother transition from school to the workplace.
Discounts at the NHMA Annual Conference.
- Our members are recognized at our annual conference with an NHMA Member Ribbon on their name tag, as well as a Discounted Registration Fee.
Access to our monthly newsletters.
- Dr. Elena Rios writes a monthly newsletter, allowing our members to keep informed on issues, NHMA programs, and Member updates. We also offer exclusive job opportunities and other benefits only eligible for NHMA members.
Ability to apply for NHMA Leadership Fellowship and Resident Leadership Programs
- Fellowship information will be provided soon
Opportunities to share your research either by being a speaker or poster presenter at our annual conference
- Looking for an opportunity to get your research projects showcased? Whether you are a physician in practice, faculty member, resident or medical student or other health professional, NHMA’s annual conference is a great way to share your research and expert knowledge with your colleagues and others interested in learning about Hispanic health care delivery.
Network with other healthcare professionals at one of NHMA Regional Events
- See Regional Events tab under Events on the home page for upcoming events.
Access to NHMA Hispanic Health Portal
- This is a unique portal for information for Hispanic health for providers and patients; and a Calendar of Events for Hispanic health meetings.
Earn CME credits by attending our annual conference
- For more information on our annual conference visit our conference website.